Hello fellow Opal lovers, I am currently busy packing my mining equipment, filling my spare petrol cans and making sure everything is in order for another trip to Lightning Ridge! I wonder what I might be lucky enough to find this time......
Who wants to join me in the Outback Downunder?
- Come and experience true opal mining with a dinky di Aussie bloke.
- Delve underground with Mac in a working Opal mine.
- Bask in the hot artesian bore baths, morning and night.
- Accommodation in a real shearer's quarters in the heart of this sunburnt country.
- Camping with campfire cooking, breakfast and dinner included.
Tour dates: Thursday 21st July to Monday 25th July 2016
Departs: Macs Opals Bellingen 8am
All inclusive price of only: $1650 (Discounts for children under 12 years old)
We cater to all ages and physical abilities.
Call us now on: 66 55 23 12
It's a four day activity-packed tour.
See opal mining not as a tourist but behind the scenes. Our chartered bus will be leaving from Bellingen NSW at 8am on Thursday July 21st and arriving back mid afternoon on Monday July 25th.
The included accommodation is on a sheep station in the shearer's quarters. That's private rooms with shared bathroom and communal kitchen. We'll cook breakfast and dinner for you over the campfire.
In between we'll take you on an insider view of the multicultural and one-of-a-kind opal town of Lightning Ridge.
We'll lunch at the Bowling Club (the largest beer distributor in Australia) and at the famous Pub in the Scrub; we'll do the the legendary Lightning Ridge 'Car Door' tours; we've lined up an expert on opal fossils to amaze you; there'll be an opal cutting demonstration; We'll visit a walk in opal mine and you can even come down our mine with us for a look if you're fit and able; Opal buying advice is on tap, along with visits to opal dealers; Try your luck at noodling for opal and maybe even find one for free!
And relax in the hot artesian bore baths twice a day. It will be a tour you will never forget. Opals here we come!
- Wikipedia entry on Lightning Ridge - find out more about this tourist town where summer temperatures can reach into the high 40s Celsius
- Visit NSW Lightning Ridge page - accommodation, tours, attractions, events and more
- Lightning Ridge Opal Festival - information of the famous Opal festival
- Lightning Ridge Info - Information on the Black Opal capital of the world
You may like: