The Lightning Ridge adventure includes:
- Experience true opal mining with a dinky di Aussie bloke.
- Delve underground with Mac in a working Lightning Ridge Opal mine.
- Bask in the hot artesian bore baths, morning and night.
- Accommodation in a real shearer’s quarters in the heart of this sunburnt country.
- Camping with campfire cooking, breakfast and dinner included.
- Our upmarket Lightning Ridge camp with flush toilet, hot shower and 12 volt power! A bit of outback luxury for my old age.
- The tip truck is in position under the hoist, now all we have to do is dig dirt and fill it. Hmmmm, an improvement on the last dig. Unfortunately by "we" need to dig, I mean "l". Gotta get these other lads underground!
- Opal mining selfie, me and two of my best friends. The 'before' pic. 3 hopeful opal miners about to descend the shaft.
- Boston driving the opal truck. So far it's just a truck.
- It's not all hard work. Spending a quiet Sunday afternoon sky gazing. and recuperating.
- Underneath image of our bucket of mystery heading to the surface.
You may like: